Leslie Simpson, CFE
As a Certified Fraud Examiner, I find myself constantly thinking of where I’m going to find interesting CPE that allows me to stay up-to-date with the happenings in the anti-fraud profession. If you are like many professionals, training budgets are tight, which can make finding timely and interesting CPE options a bit of a challenge. You are not alone; in fact, we field similar questions from others in the same boat. Look no further, here are three ways to get quick, affordable CPE from the ACFE:
- Archived Webinars are available to ACFE members at no cost and offer 1 CPE credit per webinar. This is probably the simplest way to earn CPE credit. All you have to do is login to ACFE.com and select “My Account,” and you’ll find these free webinars under the announcements section. Recent topics include:
- ACH/Wire and Online Banking Fraud: The Impetus Behind FFIEC's Guidance for Layered Security,
- Transaction Auditing and Monitoring: Protection Against Mistakes and Organized Fraud
- There's Something in the Air: What's on the Horizon in the Mobile Cyber Threat and Fraud Arena
- Manage the Risk of Inefficiency and Occupational Fraud in Day-to-Day Business Processes
- Emerging Technologies to Detect and Prevent
- Fraud Magazine CPE Quizzes are another affordable way to earn CPE credit. For only $69 you can earn 10 hours of fraud-related credit. Simply read the feature articles and columns from any five issues of Fraud Magazine® and complete the quizzes located at the back of the printed issues (you may also retrieve the CPE quizzes online
- Online Self Study Courses allow you to expand your anti-fraud knowledge while earning anywhere from 2 to 20 NASBA-compliant CPE credits. Prices range from $59 to $159 for ACFE members and are available in a variety of multimedia formats like DVD, CD-ROM and workbook. An added bonus, the ACFE offers several courses that focus on ethics, helping you satisfy your fraud and ethics requirements at the same time.
Tip: Be sure to check back regularly because the ACFE adds new webinars 4-6 times a year.
These are only three low-cost ways to earn CPE credit; however, the ACFE offers a variety of seminars and conferences worldwide, live webinars and self-study courses on a wide range of topics. If you have any questions or would like help determining the best CPE option for you, I encourage you to call, email or chat with an ACFE Member Services Representative. We are here to help and are more than happy to do so. Happy learning.